SimPure Whole House Water Filters & Filter Cartridges & Replacements for Sediment Removal
Do I Need Whole House Sediment Water Filter?
In order to ensure the safety of drinking water for their families, many families choose to install a whole house water filter system. It is generally placed at the front end of the home water supply system, which is the first line of defense for the whole house water filters system. If there is no well water sediment filter, then the sediment is extremely damaging to the appliance. So, do I need whole house sediment water filter? Yes, you'd better install one, even if there are only trace amounts of sediment in the water supply.
Sediment filter for whole house is used to remove large particles of impurities in the water and initially improve the home filtration of the water quality of the whole house; As first-stage filtration, whole house sediment water filter has a built-in 40-micron stainless steel main filter to efficiently separate large particles like rust, sand, red worms, suspended solids and other impurities in the tap water which can protect other water filters and other wading appliances like washing machines, water heaters, faucets, toilets at the back end of the waterway. Apparently, the whole house water filter system for well water is needed for better water purification.
What to Consider When Buying Sediment Filter For Whole House Water Filter System?
Installing whole house sediment filter for well water is indeed a good choice, which can not only ensure the health and safety of drinking water, but also purify and soften daily water. But now the water purifier brand is various, it will be confusing for people who do not understand the whole house sand filter. Let's take a look at the three aspects that need to be paid attention to when buying a sediment whole house water filter system.
1. Whole house sediment filter system must guarantee water quality
The water filtered by the home sediment filter should meet the drinking water hygiene standards, and be sterile and harmless so that families can use water safely and with confidence. Meanwhile, water purified by the whole house sediment filter system will not filter out the minerals and trace elements that are beneficial to the human body, maintain the healthy activity of natural water, and facilitate long-term healthy drinking.
2. Whole house sediment water filter should produce little wastewater and low energy consumption
"Green conservation, low carbon, and environmental protection" is the current lifestyle advocated in the current society. Some water purification equipment with filtration technology has problems such as too high waste water ratio and power consumption in the purification process. So the best whole house water filter like sediment filter for well water cannot cause unnecessary waste of water and electricity. The waste of resources should be in line with the consumption trend of kitchen appliances in the new era.
3. The whole house sediment water filter should be easy to install and replace the filter
The well water sediment filter should be easy to install. You don't need to have any existing technical knowledge before you can install it. The whole house sediment filter system comes loaded with all the tools needed for installation, including a wrench, heavy steel mounting bracket, and screws. For maintenance, it can usually last about 3 months and need to replace a new filter element. The length of time depends on the specific product, water condition, and household water use. You can buy the filter elements combined with the sediment filter together.
Whole House Water Filters Maintenance
The filter adsorption effect of the whole house sediment water filter on tap water mainly lies in its filter element, and its filter element can filter sediment, rust, algae, and other substances in the water. After a period of daily use, impurities in the water are easy to clog the filter element, so the filter element needs to be cleaned regularly, especially the well water is extremely dirty.
4 Steps for Cleaning the Sediment Filter Whole House System
- The first step is to close the main valve first and then open the sewage valve to completely drain the water in the filter bottle.
- Then use a wrench, jam the wrench at the bottom of the filter bottle, unscrew the filter bottle, and remove the filter element by hand.
- Clean the sediment filter bottle and filter element just removed and wash it with clean water. It must no longer be exposed to the sun, it must be dried in a cool place.
- Install the washed sediment filter bottle and filter element again in the initial state, and be sure to tighten it, otherwise, it will leak during use. Then open the main valve again, and observe whether there is a water leakage phenomenon, if not leaking, then the installation is correct, and the installation is completed.
In a word, the whole house sediment filter for well water should be cleaned to ensure the water purification effect. You can refer to the above methods to operate by yourself. To maintain the good effect of the sediment water filter, you should also replace the filter element in time. Cleaning and replacing the filter element should be combined with the maintenance of the water purifier such as the pre filter. We recommend you replace the filter element every 3 months.
Other Water Filters of Whole House Water Filter System You Should Know
The whole house water filter system must be used in combination to achieve the best effect of whole house water filtration. It is mainly composed of 4 parts: Pre-filter (such as the sediment water filter we talked above)+ Whole House Central Ultrafiltration Water Filter + Water Softener + End Water Filter Pipeline Machine. So to achieve the best effect of water filtration, apart from our well water sediment filter mentioned above, you should learn more about the whole house water filter system as follows:
- The pre-filter is installed at the main water pipe. It is used to remove large particles of impurities in the water and initially improve the home filtration of the water quality of the whole house;
- The second is the whole house central ultrafiltration water filter which is used to filter out residual chlorine, heavy metals, bacteria and impurities in the water.
- The third is the water softener used to remove calcium and magnesium ions in water, soften water quality and improve the efficiency of water equipment like water heaters to avoid scaling machines; Here Simpure DC3S anti scale filter is recommended for you.
- The fourth is the advanced treatment of terminal drinking water filtration products. Here we suggest you buy a reverse osmosis system water filter machine.