You may be wondering what the reference to pH means while trying to select a water filtration system for your home or office. You may be thinking is high or low pH a good or bad thing? Let's find out.
pH stands for the potential of hydrogen; The pH scale is logarithmic from 0 to 14, with pH 0 being acidic, (think lemons and Vinegar) and pH 14 being alkaline (think, drain cleaner and bleach) in the middle is pH 7 which is neutral (think Blood and ultrapure water).
What is the right pH level for drinking water
Typical municipal drinking water suppliers keep their water supply at a pH of 6.5 to 8.5.
Alkaline water containing alkaline minerals will typically be pH 8 to 9. Suggested studies recommend drinking alkaline water to help keep you healthy, increase blood flow, anti-ageing properties, colon-cleansing, weight loss, hydration of the skin, and others detoxifying properties.
Does water filtration affect pH?
Reverse Osmosis (RO) technology is very good at stripping out the impurities of water, but the byproduct is a lower pH by as much as pH1 making the water less alkaline.
As our bodies need some minerals to help keep us healthy, it's a good idea to make sure you drinking water is not just pure H2O with no minerals but a balance of both. The ideal drinking water balances no chemicals and impurities but still maintains some essential mineral content.
Our T1-6 Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Purification System removes all impurities and helps to maintain and slightly increase the pH level to alkaline base water while providing some of the essential minerals our body needs through the use of a special Alkaline mineral infusion filter.
Other features include:
- Six filtration stages. Three stages of Pre-treatment, (PP, GAC & CTO), then Reverse Osmosis (RO) and finally a pH balancing Alkaline (ALK). Purifiers tap water into clean, pure, and healthy RO drinking and cooking water by removing up to 99% of harmful contaminants like chlorine, fluoride, lead, arsenic, asbestos, calcium, and more.
- Simple to use and install under your Kitchen-sink
- Stylish European Stainless Steel faucet to dispense excellent tasting drinking water
- Long-life filter and low operating costs
- And don't forget the Simpure on-demand support and assistance for the life of the product.