You may have thought about purchasing an air purifier for your home, but you're not sure how to choose one and what features are desirable or essential for your requirements. Let's find out.
What is an Air Purifier
We heard of air purifiers all the time, but do you know what is an air purifier?
Air Purifiers consist of a fan and an air purifier filter; they draw air into the purifier and through the composite filter, which traps the pollutants, typically pollen, smoke and dust, while absorbing the odors. The filtered air is then evenly distributed out of the purifier. Air Purifier's sized correctly should perform 3 to 4 air changes per hour.
What typeof Air Purifier do I need?
You need to ask yourself a few questions to understand what size and type of Air Purifier you need for your application.
- Do you need to freshen up the air near a work desk or in a car, or are you considering improving the air quality for a complete room? Are you or your family sensitive to pollen or live next to an area with high pollution, such as a busy highway?
- If you're looking to improve air quality in a complete room, you need to know the room's size in sq. ft. To calculate this, Length (ft) x Width (ft) = Area (ft). For example, if your room measures 12 ft wide x 16 ft long, your total area will be 192 Sq ft.
Now check the CADR (Clean air delivery rate) of an Air Purifier to make sure it matches or exceeds your room size requirements.
- Portability, do you want to be able to move the Air Purifier between rooms? Then it should be light and easy to relocate; use the sq. ft. size of the largest room as a base requirement.
- Do you have smokers, pets, lots of people or a single non-smoking person using the room? This will determine if you need a small light-duty unit or a larger heavy-duty purifier to filter the rooms air more often. As a general guide, the larger the Air Purifier size relates to a more significant fan and composite filter, capturing more air pollution and odor quickly and efficiently.
- Do you study or sleep in the room? Does it need to have whisper-quiet technology so that it does not disturb you while you sleep? This usually means a device has a slower fan speed or sleep mode.
- The Air Purifier's location in the room ideally requires at least 2ft of free space around the Air Purifiers location to operate efficiently and move the air.
- Do you need a model with an auto-timer that switches off after a given time?
- Energy-efficient rating considerations.
Choose a good quality Air Purifier with a Composite Filter
A Composite filter has two main parts a filter for particles and an Activated Carbon layer for adsorption of odors and gases.
An air purifier using a true HEPA filter can capture at least 99.97% of particles with a diameter greater than or equal to 0.3 microns. They can filter out impurities and particles in the air, such as respirable dust, dust, allergens, pollen or cigarette smoke, asbestos, dander, allergens from the fur of dogs or cats.
Small Portable Air Purifiers for a Desk or Car
A small desk, or Car Air purifier will help clean up smaller areas to help you breathe more comfortably while removing particles from smoke and dust. These smaller units are ideal for small area's only, drawing particles and odors away from your face and mouth.
Room Air Purifiers
SimPure has a range of high-quality air purifiers suitable for your home, desk or car.
Using True HEPA filters with activated carbon impregnated adsorption technology coated with Nanosilver ions reduces pollutants and odors. Our newest product, the HP9 Air Purifier, is one of the quietest running units, utilizing HEPA filters and also the latest Cold Catalyst filter technology, Check out the complete range here https://www.simpurelife.com/collections/air-purifier