With the increase of air pollution, people pay more and more attention to air filters. The air filter cotton mesh is welcomed by everyone with its powerful function and wide application environment. What is an air filter mesh? What are its characteristics like? Today, I will let you know some basic knowledge of air filter mesh.
What is the air filter mesh?
The air filter mesh is an air filter used to filter dust particles in the air purifiers. Air filter cotton mesh is mainly divided into non-woven air filter mesh, synthetic fiber air filter mesh, glass fiber air filter cotton mesh, activated carbon air filter cotton mesh and synthetic fiber high temperature air filter cotton mesh according to different materials. In daily life, the use of air filter cotton mesh is very wide, and it is a very practical air filter.
What are the characteristics of the air filter mesh?
1. Air filter cotton net is generally processed by non-woven fabric composed of anti-breaking synthetic fiber, adopts incremental structure, has high filtration efficiency and long service life.
2. The air filter cotton mesh is treated with stickiness. Because there is a large amount of adhesive in the medium, the air filter cotton mesh can better absorb the dust particles in the air.
3. The air filter cotton mesh has strong humidity resistance and can tolerate 100% relative humidity, making it suitable for use in humid working environments.
There are many types of primary filter cotton. The common primary filter cottons on the market include tuyere cotton, needle-punched cotton, activated carbon cotton, glass fiber cotton and so on. The primary effect filter cotton is suitable for all kinds of ventilation systems, mainly filtering dust particles larger than 5um. Below, our Simpure will introduce you the common primary filter cotton in detail:
1. Tuyere cotton: Tuyere cotton is generally white or blue and white. The standard thickness of white is 15mm, and the standard thickness of blue and white is 20mm.
2. Needle-punched cotton: Needle-punched cotton is generally white and green and white. The standard thickness of white is 5mm, and the standard thickness of green and white is 7-8mm.
Needle-punched cotton is made by acupuncture method, which has the characteristics of strong structure and high dust holding capacity. Needle-punched cotton can also be used directly or used in conjunction with the outer frame to make a filter.
3. Activated carbon cotton: Activated carbon cotton is black, with a standard thickness of 5mm, which is mainly used to absorb peculiar smell.
Activated carbon cotton uses a polymer adhesive material to soak activated carbon on synthetic fibers, so that it can achieve the filtering purpose and remove harmful and odorous gases in the air.
Technical characteristics of activated carbon fiber felt with high adsorption rate
1) Large adsorption capacity The adsorption capacity of activated carbon fiber felt for organic gases and malodorous substances (such as n-butyl mercaptan, etc.) is nearly ten times larger than that of granular activated carbon (GAC). It also has good adsorption capacity for inorganic gases. The adsorption capacity of inorganic substances, dyes, organic substances and precious metals in the aqueous solution is 5-6 times higher than that of GAC. It also has good adsorption capacity for microorganisms and bacteria (for example, the adsorption rate for Escherichia coli can reach 94-99%).
The adsorption ability for low-concentration adsorbates is extremely good. For example, the adsorbate concentration can still maintain a good adsorption capacity when the concentration is a few ppm, while the adsorbent materials such as GAC often have a good adsorption capacity when the concentration is tens of ppm.
2) Fast adsorption speed The adsorption speed for adsorbing gaseous pollutants from the gas phase is very fast, and the adsorption of liquid can quickly reach the adsorption equilibrium, and its adsorption rate is tens to hundreds of times higher than that of GAC.
3) Easy to regenerate and fast desorption speed. In the process of multiple adsorption and desorption, the original adsorption performance can still be maintained. For example, using 120-150C steam or hot air to regenerate ACF for 10-30 minutes can achieve complete desorption of common VOCs.
4) Excellent high temperature resistance. It can withstand high temperatures above 1000 °C in inert gas, and the ignition point in the air can reach 500 °C.
5) Acid and alkali resistance, good electrical conductivity and chemical stability.
6) Less ash.
7) Good formability, easy to process into felt, silk, cloth, paper and other forms. Introduction of activated carbon fiber mats-the traditionally used activated carbon can be divided into powdered activated carbon ((AC) and granular activated carbon (GAC)). The United States, Japan, Russia and other countries have successively developed the third form in the sixties of the last century. The activated carbon is called activated carbon fiber (Activated Carbon Fibers, /ACF).
In the late 1970s and early 1980s, activated carbon fibers were also developed. Because the surface of activated carbon fiber is covered with micropores, and can be processed into different forms of felt and cloth-like materials, compared with traditional granular carbon, it has faster adsorption and desorption speed and more convenient operation. Maintenance and other advantages The birth of activated carbon fiber (hereinafter referred to as ACF) is a revolution in the entire environmental protection industry. ACF is a new type of fibrous adsorption material made of viscose-based fibers after high temperature carbonization and activation. Compared with the better adsorption material recognized in the society-granular activated carbon, ACF has the following remarkable characteristics:
(1) Large specific surface area and high adsorption capacity. Since the surface area of the fiber of the same weight is nearly a hundred times that of the particle, the weight of the activated carbon fiber that needs to be filled is very small, but the adsorption efficiency is very high. Depending on the organic gas content and other physical characteristics of the treated waste gas, the adsorption efficiency is 85. Between% and 98%, the multi-stage adsorption process can reach 99.99%, which is much higher than the high adsorption rate of 88% of the activated carbon particle adsorption method, and the volume and total weight are also very small.
(2) The adsorption and desorption process is short and the speed is fast; the energy consumption of desorption and regeneration is low. The adsorption capacity of ACF for organic gases is several to several tens of times larger than that of granular activated carbon (GAC). It also has a good adsorption capacity for inorganic gases, and can maintain a high adsorption and desorption speed and a long service span. If heated with water vapor for 6-10 minutes, it can be completely desorbed. It has good heat resistance, high temperature resistance above 1000℃ in inert gas, and fire point above 500℃ in air.
(3) The adsorption capacity of low-concentration adsorbates is excellent, and the adsorption capacity is still high on the ppm order of adsorbates.
(4) The shape is variable and easy to use; the strength is good, and it will not cause secondary pollution.